Piteň Climate & Temperature
- Piteň, Sweden is at 65░19'N, 21░28'E, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Piteň has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (K÷ppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Piteň is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 2.3 degrees Celsius (36.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.5 °C (47.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -5°C (23°F) on average falling to -12.3°C (9.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 5°C (41°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -4.3°C (24.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 19°C (66.2°F) and average low temperatures are 10°C (50°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 6.3°C (43.4°F) during the day and lows of -0.3°C (31.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 517 mm (20.4 inches) which is equivalent to 517 Litres/m▓ (12.68 Gallons/ft▓).
- On average there are 1818 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Piteň you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica where you would find a Ice Cap climate.
Piteň Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Piteň Climate Graph in Metric Units
Piteň Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Piteň, Sweden Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: